Sunday, April 26, 2009

Category 9, Book 4: Lost Book Club - A Brief History of Time

A Brief History of Time by Stephen Hawking
Category: Lost Book Club

The theory of relativity, quantum mechanics, and the search for a unified theory of the universe are the subjects of this mind-boggling explication of physics (I found I could read about 5 pages at a time without my brain hurting). Perhaps I was even more at a disadvantage for never having taken physics, though I did feel a little better when an engineer friend of mine told me that quantum mechanics is covered in Physics 3. Even so, it's ultimately a rewarding learning experience investigating the universe as we know it. I'm interested in learning more, and daresay I'll understand more in whichever book I choose next for having persevered in this one. 4.5 stars.

Cross-posted at the 999 Challenge.

No comments: