Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Through the Looking Glass (77/81)

Through the Looking Glass by Lewis Carroll
Category: Lost Book Club

Before starting the audiobook with Alice in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass, I couldn't remember if I'd read Through the Looking Glass before or not. As I listened, I realized I had. I'm even decently sure that I finished it (twice now, counting the audiobook). But I still have no idea what happened. Like the dream it is, the action jumps from place to place and from person to person, and is only loosely connected by the story of Alice crossing a chessboard to become queen. I've tried to like this books, I really have, but it's a losing battle... 3 stars.

Note: Regarding the connections to Lost, interested parties might like checking out Lostpedia.com. They have a rather extensive article "Alice's Adventures in Wonderland" that lists more connections that I ever made reading the books (for example, Charlie's wearing checkerboard shoes when they go to the Looking Glass station).

No comments: