Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Lord Sunday

by Garth Nix, narrated by Allan Corduner
New York : Random House/Listening Library, 2010.

The final book in the Keys to the Kingdom series starts where Superior Saturday left off - Arthur, having just wrested the sixth key from Saturday, is falling, while Leaf is still in East Area Hospital after a nuclear strike. Not fully a denizen nor mortal any longer, Arthur must battle only one more trustee to complete the Will of the Architect.

As exciting as the rest of the series, Lord Sunday wraps up everything in a fitting way that still took me completely by surprise. The ending in particular is staying in my head as I think through the implications. I think I'm going to have to go back and read the last few chapters to make sure I understood, and didn't miss anything (odd, isn't it, to be saying all along I prefer the series in audio and then finding I need to read the ending again?). I'm starting to think of the entire story arc a little differently in retrospect.

No comments: