Thursday, June 7, 2007

Summer Reading, Part 1

Now that I've recovered from the semester, rested up, and read a lot, here's a list of the books I've started (and finished) since school let out:
  • Howl's Moving Castle, by Diana Wynne Jones
  • FullMetal Alchemist (Volumes 1-4) by Hiromu Arakawa
  • American Born Chinese by Gene Yang
  • Physik by Angie Sage
  • The Queen of Attolia by Megan Whalen Turner
  • The King of Attolia by Megan Whalen Turner
  • Death Note (Volumes 4 and 5) by Tsugumi Ohba
  • Runaways Vol. 1 by Brian K. Vaughan
  • This Lullaby by Sarah Dessen
  • Charmed Life by Diana Wynne Jones
  • The Lives of Christopher Chant by Diana Wynne Jones
  • The Titan's Curse by Rick Riordan
  • Someone Like You by Sarah Dessen
  • Last Chance by Sarah Dessen (the British version of Keeping the Moon)
  • The Secret of Platform 13 by Eva Ibbotson
  • The Magicians of Caprona by Diana Wynne Jones
  • Witch Week by Diana Wynne Jones
  • The Game by Diana Wynne Jones
  • Instead of Three Wishes by Megan Whalen Turner
  • Evil Genius by Caroline Jinks
  • Steady Beat, Vol. 2 by Rivkah
  • The Plain Janes by Cecil Castelluci
  • Castle Waiting by Linda Medley
  • Castle in the Air by Diana Wynne Jones
  • Conrad's Egg by Diana Wynne Jones

I would love to write my reactions to each of them, but there's simply too much to try to catch up now. I'm planning on posting my strongest reactions to books I read over the summer, as well as an ongoing update on summer reading to remind myself of books I've read. I hadn't realized I was so heavy on the fantasy reading...hmm...I'll have to try to broaden that out in the next month or so.

I would post books I want to read, too, but that would keep me busy forever.

No comments: