Sunday, June 24, 2007

Summer Reading, Part 2

I don't know how this escaped my notice before, but I suddenly realized last week that if I want to be a children's librarian, I should brush up on my knowledge of picture books. So here's what I've read (and re-read) so far:
  • Goodnight Moon by Margaret Wise Brown
  • Mr. Gumpy's Outing by John Burningham
  • The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle
  • Freight Train by Donald Crews
  • Miss Nelson is Missing! by Henry Allard
  • Madeline by Ludwig Bemelmans
  • Mike Mulligan and His Steam Shovel by Virginia Lee Burton
  • The True Story of the 3 Little Pigs by Jon Scieszka
  • 86 Years: The Legend of the Boston Red Sox by Melinda R. Boroson

I read The True Story of the 3 Little Pigs aloud to my little sister. She's read it and heard it read before. This was a first time for me. I was rather gratified when, during my reading, she kept exclaiming, "This is the first time you read it?!" But no, she didn't mean that my reading was exceptionally good. She was just shocked at how behind the times I was.

No comments: