- 11/22/63 by Stephen King
- The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
- A Trick of the Light by Louise Penny
- In the Time of the Butterflies by Julia Alvarez
- Cutting for Stone by Abraham Verghese
- The Day the World Came to Town by Jim DeFede
- So Many Books, So Little Time by Sara Nelson
- Strength to Love by Martin Luther King
- My Reading Life by Pat Conroy
- Little Princes by Conor Grennan
- Coming on Home Soon by Jacqueline Woodson (picture book)
- Divergent by Veronica Roth
- Dark Emperor and Other Poems of Night by Joyce Sidman
- Dave at Night by Gail Carson Levine
- The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness
I read 150 books this year, more than last year (!) even though I have been working full-time hours all year. My lowest number of books in a month was June, with seven, not surprising since I was traveling a lot that month. The most was August with 18!
I meant to keep good statistics in 2011 to keep track of the number of children's, young adult, and adult books read, but I ran out of steam in the end. I can tell you that my ratio of library books to my own books read was abominable (something like 10/1?), and I'm going to try to rectify that this year.
My reading goal for 2012 is simply to read as many of my own books as library books. I'm keeping a simple counter on my LibraryThing 75 Book Challenge Thread that I will (hopefully) keep updated throughout the year.
What were your favorite reads of 2011?