Friday, January 13, 2012

Favorites of 2011

It's that time of the year again, to round up my favorite reads of the past year! To try to keep the list manageable, I am not counting rereads. Here, then, are the books that stood out to me most this year in no order whatsoever (with links to my reviews):

Fiction

Nonfiction

Children's/Young Adult

Musings
I read 150 books this year, more than last year (!) even though I have been working full-time hours all year. My lowest number of books in a month was June, with seven, not surprising since I was traveling a lot that month. The most was August with 18!

I meant to keep good statistics in 2011 to keep track of the number of children's, young adult, and adult books read, but I ran out of steam in the end. I can tell you that my ratio of library books to my own books read was abominable (something like 10/1?), and I'm going to try to rectify that this year.

My reading goal for 2012 is simply to read as many of my own books as library books. I'm keeping a simple counter on my LibraryThing 75 Book Challenge Thread that I will (hopefully) keep updated throughout the year.

What were your favorite reads of 2011?

No comments: