Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!

I'm currently on vacation, but I'm hoping to post a "best of" 2011. Stay tuned! While you wait, here's a question to ponder:

Have you made any reading resolutions this year?

Mine is to read more books off my own bookshelves. This is tough for me, because I work in a library every day and see new books and interesting books come through often. And it's sooo easy to put a request on a book when I'm on the reference desk anyways...

Ahem. In all seriousness, my goal this year is to read one book from my own shelves to every library book I read. Yes, a 1:1 ratio. We'll see how long I can stick to that, but mainly my goal is to start reading through the 100+ unread books I've accumulated over the years. Perhaps as I read through I can make more room for favorites on the shelves! Wish me luck!

No comments: