Monday, May 4, 2009

Just Because I Wanted to...

...I read another book that didn't fit into my 999 Challenge categories.

It was Academ's Fury by Jim Butcher

Two years after Furies of Calderon ends, we find Tavi at the Academy under the patronage of Gaius, the First Lord himself. Bernard is now Count, and his sister Isana is finding herself caught between a rock and a hard place because of Gaius' appointment of her as the first woman Steadholder. Meanwhile, trouble is brewing for Alera from without and within.

My cousin recommended this series to me, and I'm enjoying it a lot. As the series progresses, I'm getting to know the characters more, and the pace of the plot builds until I don't want to put the book down until it's finished. I can't wait to read the next one! 4.5 stars.

No comments: